Skin Care Program
Learn how to analyze skin and perform a full range of medical-grade treatments.
Earn your skin care diploma through FAMA’s medical esthetician school. Students who successfully complete the 280 clock hours of theoretical and hands-on training will be awarded a Skin Care Diploma. Then, you’ll qualify to apply to the state of Florida for a Facial Specialist license, universally known as an esthetician
Learn the internal and external factors that cause skin cells to degenerate — and what you can do to assist patients in this skin care specialist school program. Apply the knowledge you learn in the classroom and in your clinical practice to come up with treatment plans and skincare regimens that will help your patients protect, repair and rejuvenate skin tissue. You’ll use the theories and knowledge base you learn in the classroom and apply it to your clinical training — giving you a leg up among other skin care professionals with the practical application experience with which FAMA provides.
What Makes FAMA Different
FAMA provides a superior academic experience and the curriculum goes beyond what’s expected from most esthetics school. Learn from seasoned professionals who are currently licensed with years of experience practicing in medical spa and doctors offices from around the state. More than that, your instructors also have years of teaching experience, so you can rest assure you’ll be learning from the best who are also dedicated and patient and explain the processes and procedures you’ll be performing in a practical sense. Whether you’re working toward your dream of becoming a licensed esthetician and owning your own salon or you are looking to climb to the top in sales in a skincare or product equipment line, FAMA’s professional instructors and on-site medical clinic will help you achieve your dreams.
Get the tools you need to launch your career through FAMA’s small skin care classes and hands-on approach to learning. Whether you’re beginning your educational journey in school for aesthetics or you’re looking to take advanced courses in a medical environment, FAMA’s nurturing staff and top-level medical equipment will give you the learning experience that you crave.
“Get ready for interactive courses where I take students from the basics to performing advanced treatments with skill and self-confidence.”
Vivian Diaz, Instructor
- Students must prove that they are age 16 or older when enrolling in FAMA’s esthetician training skin care program.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign an enrollment agreement for students under the age of 18.
- To operate aesthetic equipment and perform clinical tasks with ease and dexterity, applicants must have full use of their physical extremities as well as good eyesight and the ability to carry more than 10 pounds as necessary.
- Students must submit an application, show proof of age, and present the proper high school or high school equivalency documents when enrolling in the skin care program or esthetician school.
- The esthetician school registration process is complete when the student has signed an enrollment agreement.
- All fees and tuitions must be paid in full prior to the first day of class unless an installment payment plan has been executed and signed by the authorized parties.
Graduation and Licensing Requirements
- Students must complete 280 hours of theoretical and clinical training (Lecture Hours: 100, Clinical Lab Hours: 180), including all required courses, examinations, homework and special assignments.
- To graduate, a student’s records must reflect satisfactory academic progress based on achieving an overall attendance level of at least 80% while earning a cumulative passing grade of 75 or higher.
- Skin Care graduates are eligible to apply for a Facial Specialist license, which should be submitted with applicable fees to the Florida Department of Professional and Business Regulation, Florida Board of Cosmetology. Once the application has been approved, the facial specialist license will be issued.
|Starting Date||Every Month|
|Morning Session||9am to 2pm|
|Afternoon Session||2pm to 6pm|
|Evening Session||6pm to 10pm|
|Class Size||20 Seats|
Skin Care Career Paths
- Aesthetician in a Medical Office
- Wholesale Skin Care Sales
- Retail Cosmetics Sales
- Makeover Specialist
- Makeup Artist
- Independent Contractor